People and Culture Manager West Zone
Locations: Kinshasa, Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The
Time type: Full time
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Manage and provide technical support to the implementation of WV DRC West Zone strategic and transactional/technical human resources activities, and ensure provision of effective, efficient and quality services through proper planning, organizing and overseeing of the day-to-day work of the P&C function, ensuring it is aligned and integrated in a ‘best fit’, with the primary purpose of promoting the Organizational and staff well-being aspirations, towards effective delivery of WV DRC West Zone Strategic objectives.
Strategic « Human Resource Management » / RECRUITMENT
- Responsible for the entire Recruitment processes for both National & International staff (advertisement to job offer)
- Proactively identify and develop effective and innovative sourcing strategies (e.g networking contacts, systems, queries, religious institutions, social networking sites to build a deep, diverse and reliable sourcing pool for WV DRC Diversity – Equity & Inclusion staffing needs.
- Conduct effective screening, interviewing and assessments for the best candidates for each position match.
- Prepare regular recruitment tracking reports.
- In consultation and coordination with P&C Director, support HR strategy in line with World Vision DRC’s Learning Development and Growth objectives, maintain, and support implementation of adequate staffing plan at zonal level and quality P&C services.
- Confer with management and supervisors to implement a workforce planning system by identifying future staffing needs, including key competencies to support projects/programs objective delivery
MLC & Talent Management Transformation
- Ensure all Zonal staff have gone through Orientation/ Induction Toolkit
- Zonal Leadership and Managers are familiar with WVI Talent Beliefs and TM Toolkit
- Leadership & staff Core Capabilities are well understood and staff are able to demonstrate it in their daily work and behavior
- Ensure local Talents are identified and included in the National Talent Pool
- Responsible for Talent cards and Succession Plan updates in Workday
JOB Evaluation – Comps & Benefits
- Ensure monthly variables are sent on time to NO for the payroll
- Provide support and guidance in the formulation of job descriptions
- Evaluate all new and / or existing positions through JEM Haygroup
- Works with NO P&C and finance to ensure End of Service benefits are calculated and paid as per labor law.
Employee Relations & Legal
- Advise managers on the interpretation/application of HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with agency, donor, and local legal requirements.
- Conduct Investigations as per request and provide Employee Relation advices as well as Legal cases Management when appropriate
- Monitor employee retention and turnover through analysis of data and exit interviews.
Budget and Payroll Administration
- Coordinate payroll administration and ensure annual budget projections are done for all programs and projects (salaries and benefits, pension severance) for all zonal staff including IAs
- Training all zonal staff on Stress Management , Critical Incident
- Oversee the implementation of the Staff Medical coverage CALIBRE.
- Manage employee well-being programs and ensure 1 to 2 staff care activity is taking place at Zonal Office level yearly.
Provide reports on the implementation of Zonal staff care plans
- Provide technical support on staff welfare (Our Health)
- Coordinate and engage in the design and management/monitoring of WV DRC Performance Management Process, Talent Management & Development and Succession Planning process,
- Ensure Trainings on P4P are conducted quarterly for Zonal staff
- Ensure (IDP) Individual Development Plans and/or (PIP) Performance Improvement Plans are in place towards the advancement of relevant staff in the different categories.
- Coordinate performance appraisal statistics Bell curve and upload Performance & Potential Rating in Workday
- Facilitate P4P Trainings at National and Zonal level on a regular basis
- Coordinate Employee Engagement through facilitation of Our Voice survey activities
- Generate reports from system – share with staff and prepare WV DRC Our Voice Organizational Plan with regular inputs in the System.
- Proper reporting on key achievements of the OV Organizational Plan
- Work as Super user for Workday, maintaining the system and ensuring accuracy of all zonal data in the system
- Provide technical support to line managers in using P&C systems (Workday, JEM, MLC & TMT etc.) and interpretation of data for decision making;
- Support and Train Zonal P&C team and staff in using and maintaining systems, data with confidentiality and troubleshoot whenever necessary to get adequate support from Workday Support or Operations.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum Qualification Require: Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management, ,Business administration, Law
- Experience: 5 years Humanitarian / Industry experience
- Preferred: Master degree in Human Resources and 5 years of experience. Working experience in Humanitarian sector
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Computer skills.
- Ability to work under stress and maintain high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability in supervision
- Experience in policy initiation and formulation.
- Working knowledge of employee relations and labor laws.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and other stakeholders
- Fluency in writing and speaking English
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only