Health Systems Officer
Locations: DRC, Kinshasa
The Health Systems (HS) Officer assisting the Health System (HS) Advisor in planning and providing relevant technical assistance for in-country program.
The HS Officer collaborates with other Officers, Field Coordinators, and other implementing partners to ensure good as well as strengthen the delivery of SRHR services including contraceptives and Comprehensive Abortion Care service delivery in the country through facility upgrades, provide trainings, trainee mentorship and data collection and donor reporting. They ensure SOPs compliance for quality of care across all service delivery channels as well as keeping the contact with the health facilities across the intervention region.
The Health Systems (HS) Officer also provides technical assistance in planning and program implementation; training; logistical support and service delivery strategies. They document and share the lessons learned and success stories also contribute to organizational and technical communication.
Summary of Responsibilities
Organizational Leadership and Strategy
- Provide input and support relevant Advisors in strategy development of program, as required.
- Maintain and contribute to networking and partnership with relevant key national and provincial stakeholders.
Financial and Risk Management
- Prepares budgets for the activities and ensures proper accountability of funds as per the policies and procedures.
Program, technical, or functional content of the job
- Provide operational support to the implementation of Health System (HS) program activities, according to the agreed workplan and budget;
- Planning and organizing facility assessment and upgrades including providing SRHR trainings (youth friendly comprehensive abortion care, family planning, GBV care), mentorship programs and data collection to improve service delivery;
- Participating in the development of training programs for service delivery, identifying training needs, selecting trainers and facilities and conducting trainings;
- Monitoring training data to ensure an up-to-date database of trainers and attendees as well as to improve the process and outcome of trainings;
- Facilitate trainings/workshops/meetings using adult-based learning methods, including facilitate VCAT sessions with relevant stakeholders;
- Build capacity of partners organizations as needed and provide assistances in effective training/workshop/orientation sessions in collaboration with partners organization;
- Performing orientations and baseline assessments for facilities;
- Facilitate providers access to mentorships to ensure best practices are being implemented to improve and sustain performance;
- Provide day-to-day monitoring of relevant subcontractors’ progress and achievement to ensure compliance to contract agreement and workplan;
- Develop networking and partnership with relevant provincial and district stakeholders;
- Supporting partner organizations in advancing advocacy efforts at district/provincial level;
- Tracks activity plan in Luna; entering activity report to the Ipas system as required;
- Participating and contributing to drafting donor proposals, presentations and reports as required.
Communications & representation
- Support the health system advisor for the documentation and sharing of lesson learned, success stories and the editing of technical sections in the proposal for business development in the DR Congo.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with the public and stakeholder groups.
- A deep commitment to sexual and reproductive health and rights, especially abortion and contraception access
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English and French
- Demonstrated capacity and commitment to good stewardship of funds, including strong skills in work planning, budgeting, financial monitoring, and data-driven problem solving.
- Proven ability to build positive working relationships with diverse internal teams and external partners.
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and regionally, up to 35% of working days per year.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a medical related field. Master’s degree is an advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience working in health or medical field.
- Experience working in an equity-focused program including youth, gender and humanitarian and fragile context.
- Must have the ability to work with different community populations, including adolescents and women’s groups, especially in the areas of communication and training.
- Experience of work in community of practice at the global level is an asset.
- Must have knowledge of community structures and entry points, including organizations and coalitions.
- Fluency in French and English
Ipas s’est fermement engagée à offrir un environnement de travail exempt de toute forme de harcèlement, de discrimination et d’iniquité. Nous recrutons, employons, formons, promouvons et rémunérons notre personnel sans égard à l’origine ethnique, l’âge, le sexe, la religion, l’origine nationale, la couleur, la religion, l’ascendance, la nationalité, caste, origine ethnique, identité régionale, identité tribale, l’état matrimonial, au statut d’ancien combattant, au service militaire, au handicap, à l’information génétique, l’identité de genre, l’expression de genre, au statut de transgenre, à l’orientation sexuelle ou toute autre caractéristique personnelle protégée par la loi ou définie par la politique d’Ipas. Ipas reconnaît que ces caractéristiques personnelles peuvent différer selon les contextes.