Country Lead RDC
Bluesquare is a fast growing technology company focusing on Global Health. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, and NGOs, to help them make smarter health investments. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, USAID, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, leading NGOs and consultancies.
For more information about who we are: https://bluesquarehub.com/
We are looking for an experienced Country Lead for the DRC team.
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Kinshasa, DRC. You will be expected to travel to countries where we have active projects (mainly in Sub-Saharan Africa).
Team: Bluesquare is a company with 70+ staff in multiple countries and organized by project and technical segment teams. We value ownership, autonomy, flexibility, communication and teamwork.
Roles & responsibilities
The role of the country lead is to develop Bluesquare’s portfolio in the country and coordinate Bluesquare’s team.
Business development and representation
- Develop an understanding of Bluesquare’s in-country projects
- Define a strategy for Bluesquare in the country
- Understand the different value propositions of Bluesquare and present them to the market.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities in the country, including lead generation, prospecting, and networking. This is done in coordination with the business development team for the follow-up.
- Continuously monitor and analyze the country’s business environment and adjust the business strategy as needed to ensure ongoing success.
- Develop an understanding of potential partners’ needs and priorities in the country
- Provide the sales team with country-specific information such as stakeholder overview, emerging needs for funding in the country, etc.
- Ensure successful project delivery in the country, working closely with project managers and technical teams to meet project goals, timelines, and budgets.
- Identify projects’ requirements, anticipate needs and plan clear roadmaps aligned with the contract and expected deliverables.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key partners and stakeholders in the country, ensuring their needs are met.
- Recruit and manage a country team to ensure in-country project delivery, effective communication, collaboration, and teamwork across all functions and projects.
- Administrative management of the country office and staff.
- Ensure compliance with local laws, regulations, and business practices, working closely with the finance team and Bluesquare’s lawyer.
- Manage country office budget
- Provide timely and accurate reports on business performance in the country, including revenue, expenses, and key metrics.
We are looking for an experienced candidate with strong project management and technical skills, notably :
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong partnerships with partners in country and to understand their needs and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and share a strategic vision
- Working experience in large International Development or Global Health projects
- Experience in managing medium to large projects in a multicultural environment
- Experience with client contact and multi-stakeholder cooperation
- Experience with design and implementation of digital projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Experience in managing a budget / P&L
- Knowledge of the country
- Knowledge of DHIS2, GIS, Data Management
- An experience in a project involving complex data analysis
- Knowledge of programming and of software development processes
- Experience in capacity strengthening
- Experience with collaboration in remote working settings
- Experience in team coordination
- Team player with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Clear and structured communication
- Ability to work autonomously, proactive, multi-tasking
- Fast learner, flexible
- Supportive of colleagues needs and wellbeing
What we offer
- You will work at the crossroad between Global Health, Health Financing & Technology – using the latter to improve the former
- You will join a dynamic & diverse team committed to improving health access & quality, especially for the poorest
- You will get valuable in technology development and project management
- You will manage projects impacting the lives of hundreds of thousands of people
- You will work in collaboration with a wide variety of actors within countries (Ministries, Donors, NGOs, Implementing partners, field staff, etc.)
- You will get first-hand experience on public health in emerging economies
- Competitive Salary package
Apply by sending us your CV, a motivation letter, and possibly a few references by email to email@example.com