DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Position Summary: DT Global is implementing a contract supporting USAID programs in the MENA region. Under this contract, the Senior Private Sector Advisor will support the USAID/Tunisia Mission.
The Senior Private Sector Advisor will serve as an expert on private sector engagement and partnerships for economic development. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: (a) advise the Economic Growth Office and Mission leadership on partnerships and policy best practices, as well as on technical and management plans for efficient and effective partnership portfolio development, review, and cooperation; (b) contribute to the strategic vision of USAID Tunisia’s economic growth objectives with local, regional, and global private sector partnerships; (c) ensure that private sector partnerships are aligned with Mission objectives and integrated in all economic growth activities; and (d) serve as an Activity Manager for economic growth activities, as assigned.
Strategic and Policy Advice (20%)
- Contribute to economic development policy analysis carried out by USAID and provide advice on innovative and best practices conducive to greater economic development, as well as private sector engagements and competitiveness
- Support economic growth activity design, program evaluations, procurements, and ongoing implementation actions including independently conducting research, collecting data, consulting with stakeholders and collaborating with cross-teams, as appropriate
- Develop and establish working relationships with USAID staff and external partners to meet the goals of the Economic Growth Office
Partnership Identification and Alliance Building (50%)
- Develop and implement sector alliance strategies and programming to integrate partnerships into development projects, provide specific guidance and support to USAID staff on building and supporting alliances, and provide advice to USAID on best practices and how to incorporate partnerships in program designs
- Identify, prioritize and conclude partnership agreements with local and international businesses, foundations, civil society organizations, and other non-traditional development organizations through formal and informal outreach, personal contacts, and networking where partnerships can both deliver substantial impact toward Mission development goals
- Shape and guide the technical aspects of partnership building by developing and/or applying appropriate risk assessment instruments to ensure that risk is shared appropriately, conduct due diligence research, and work with USAID and implementing partners to facilitate the formal agreement process
- Maintain accessible files documenting key negotiations and discussion points including updated public-private sector contact information to preserve continuity of partnership facilitation
- Build, monitor, and maintain a pipeline of active potential partnerships (for internal agency use only) that is vetted with the technical team and/or any other relevant USAID or USG office
- Assess the results of existing partnerships. Work in partnership with Monitoring and Evaluation staff within USAID to compile lessons learned, develop indicators to measure impact of partnership efforts, and ensure that relevant data is tracked accurately; and work closely with USAID’s Development Outreach and Communication staff to showcase successful partnerships built
- Deliver periodic and ad-hoc briefs and written reports to USAID and other internal and external stakeholders on partnership issues
Project Administration, Monitoring and Evaluation (30%)
- Work closely with the technical team to develop, monitor, and evaluate programs designed to promote private sector investments, including but not be limited to building public-private alliances and deepening linkages between the economic growth activities and private firms and investors
- Conduct periodic assessment of economic growth activities to ensure that performance monitoring and evaluation systems are in place, and reliable measures of process, output and impact indicators are established and maintained
- Maintain a regular schedule of site visits across Tunisia to monitor, report on, and evaluate contractor/grantee performance in accordance with financial, timing, and other considerations embodied in the projects, and maintain up-to-date information and files on the status of partner activities, resources and work plans
- Implement effective processes for knowledge management, learning, and application of best practices in partnerships and private sector engagement
- Develop case studies, success stories, fact sheets, presentation materials, and short summaries about results, experiences, and analysis of private sector development and partnerships, working in collaboration with USAID communications specialists
- Attend meetings with USAID implementing partners and represent USAID at meetings with the donor community, private sector actors, and Government of Tunisia counterparts
- Perform other duties assigned by the EG Office Director necessary to achieve USAID economic growth objectives
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited university in economics, business management or administration, international development, international trade and finance or a related subject
- At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in public and/or private sector organizations working directly on partnerships and private sector engagement
- Proven track record in developing, closing, and implementing deals preferably between the public and private sectors
- Thorough understanding of economic challenges frequently faced by developing economies and hands-on experience and knowledge of project development and management are required
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision or guidance
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to establish and maintain strong contacts with counterparts in the private sector, donor community, as well as the Tunisian government
- Fluency in English language writing and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce professional quality analytical pieces and make good oral presentations
- An advanced degree in a relevant field such as but not limited to economics, business management or administration, international development, international trade and finance or a related subject ;
- Experience in sectors such as renewable energy; tourism; information technology; micro, small and medium-enterprises; finance; and infrastructure
- Experience working in developing countries
- Fluency in Arabic and/or French language writing and oral communication skills
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
How to apply
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter dt-global.com.