DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Position Summary: DT Global is implementing a contract supporting USAID programs in the MENA region. Under this contract, the Development Outreach and Communications (DOC) Specialist will support the USAID/Libya Mission.
Major Duties: The DOC Specialist is the lead Mission Communications and Outreach Officer and provides leadership and support to all Mission offices. S/he is the primary interlocutor with the Embassy’s Public Affairs Officer and staff and serves as the Mission’s point of contact with the U.S. and international media and Washington-based stakeholders on communications-related matters, or as directed by the Mission leadership. The position requires constructive and regular contacts within the U.S. interagency in Libya and Washington, Libyan and international representatives, and USAID implementing partners.
The DOC Specialist develops, updates, and implements a comprehensive communications and outreach strategy that promotes USAID’s activities to external and internal audiences. The DOC Specialist plays a key role in identifying communications’ objectives, messages, audiences, products, and budgets, and develops plans in coordination with USAID managers and technical teams consistent with USAID/Libya’s development strategy and the overall Embassy communications goals. The strategy is used to inform USAID’s implementing partners on the selection, targeting, and placement of materials to raise awareness of USAID activities in Tunisia.
The DOC Specialist will ensure that outreach activities are cost-effective, well-targeted, well-defined, visually appealing, and contain human interest elements. The DOC Specialist guides the work of implementing partners to achieve maximum exposure and understanding of U.S. assistance efforts and initiatives in Libya, as defined by the Chief of Mission, USAID Mission Director, and the USAID Middle East Bureau in Washington D.C.
To operationalize the communications strategy, the DOC Specialist will put in place policies and procedures for Mission communications that clarify roles and responsibilities within the Mission, the Embassy, and with implementing partners including review and/or development of templates for various communications tools, standards for creating and finalizing communications materials, and guidelines for planning and managing events. This should take place while taking into consideration Embassy approaches in the area of strategic communications.
Public Outreach (40%)
- Counsel Mission leadership on targeted media placement, including print, TV, radio, and Internet
- Provide guidance to USAID technical offices and implementing partners on branding, story lines, engagement strategies and linkages with USAID and Embassy strategic communication approaches etc.
- Identify activities appropriate for media coverage, participate in travel to visit activities, and accompany TV/radio crews to site locations for filming
- C oordinate the outreach components of travel and public affairs activities for the USAID, the Embassy leadership, and major U.S. Government and congressional visitors.
- Prepare schedules, briefing materials, information related to events (e.g., backgrounders/ scene setters, briefing materials, talking points, speeches, video/photo coverage, etc.), and organize logistics, guest lists and other arrangements in collaboration with mission staff
- Work with USAID offices to plan and implement public events to maximize exposure for U.S. Government’s development assistance
- Support the conception, information collection, and dissemination of all public materials relating to USAID programs.
- Advise implementing partners on planning, scheduling, publicizing and carrying out outreach and public affairs activities which inform audiences in Libya as well as the U.S. about the work supported by the American taxpayer
- Organize training for CORs/AORs and implementing partners on communication and media skills such as working with the media, developing briefing materials, stories and blogs, video production, photo taking and planning and managing special events
- Help develop and deliver training for CORs/AORs and implementing partners on USAID branding and marking requirements, ensuring that regulations are followed as outlined in ADS 320 and the Agency’s Graphic Standards Manual
- Review and edit implementing partner branding and marking plans and work with the contracts officer and COR/AOR on approval of these final documents.
- E nsure that partners’ materials (videos, websites, banners, posters, brochures, publications, etc.) are in compliance with approved marking and branding plans, and, by extension, USAID requirements
Visibility Products and Materials (40%)
- Coordinate with PAS in at the Libya External Office to ensure that the Embassy is properly appraised of USAID public outreach activities in Libya
- Serve as a liaison with the USAID/Middle East Bureau’s Communications team in Washington
- Collect inputs, edit, and prepare information for use through a range of USAID products and platforms tailored to target audiences
- Manage the procurement and distribution of communications materials related to USAID foreign assistance in Libya
- Serve as a liaison for information requests coming from Washington.
- Draft, format and update high-quality public information materials such as briefers, talking points, speeches, portfolio fact sheets, and Mission website content and maps for USAID or Embassy leadership
- Write, solicit, review, and prepare an array of success stories, articles and blog submissions for USAID/Libya and USAID/Washington platforms
- Manage social media platforms in coordination with the Embassy Public Affairs Section (including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Flickr)
Media Relations (20%)
- In coordination with the Public Affairs Section, counsel the Mission Director and USAID staff on sensitivities and engaging with the local or international press
- Work with Embassy PAS to expand opportunities for coverage of USAID assistance, including TV, radio and other media
- In coordination with the PAS, build and maintain a professional network of media contacts interested in USAID activities in Libya
- Arrange interviews with the USAID leadership, press briefings, press tours of USAID activities, and prepare USAID/Libya and visiting senior U.S. Government officials from USAID/Washington for interviews with the media
- Write and distribute press releases on program successes, project inaugurations, significant developments, etc. and follow up with the media to encourage and support coverage of activities
- Coordinate with USAID leadership, USAID technical teams, Embassy’s PAS, and LPA to ensure local and international media requests for information are met with well-written, timely, and accurate responses
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or a related field is required;
- Minimum five years (5) of progressively responsible experience in public relations, multimedia communications, communications outreach and/or journalism is required;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment with a diverse staff;
- Excellent English language writing, editing and oral communication skills;
- Well-organized with an exceptional ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal direction
- An advanced degree in a relevant field;
- Fluent in Adobe Cloud, Microsoft Office, social media platforms and basic HTML code experience;
- Prior work experience in Tunisia and/or Libya
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
How to apply
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter dt-global.com.