DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Position Summary: DT Global is implementing a contract supporting USAID programs in the MENA region. Under this contract, the Construction Manager will support the USAID/Tunisia Mission Team.
The Construction Manager will oversee the design and management of construction and rehabilitation projects implemented by the USAID Mission in Tunisia. This includes but is not limited to: (a) reviewing engineering documents; (b) monitoring the progress of construction activities; (c) identifying actual and potential problems related to design and construction activities; and (d) verifying that projects are completed according to the design and contract requirements.
- Evaluate USAID implementing partners’ construction work plans and provide written feedback and suggestions for improvement and recommend alternatives for the filling of gaps in USAID’s assistance.
- Review, analyze, and make professional recommendations concerning the engineering feasibility of proposed plans and assess their environmental, social and economic impact.
- Assess the operations and maintenance requirements for proposed construction activities and ensure these requirements are reflected in the drawings and contractual documents for construction.
- Provide advice and written feedback in the development of detailed engineering designs, plans, and cost estimates for projects and activities. Evaluate designs, drawings, specifications, Bill of Quantities, schedules, health and safety plans, quality control and assurance plans, surveys, and lists of equipment requirements and provide written feedback and recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in acquiring required permits, approvals, and coordination (prior to, during, and after the construction is completed) with required Host Government entities.
- Conduct site visits to monitor the quality, safety, progress and environmental compliance of construction activities and prepare site visit reports to USAID.
- Submit ad-hoc and periodic status reports and briefings to USAID regarding progress and performance, challenges, and suggested corrective actions on USAID-funded construction activities across the portfolio.
- Provide advice regularly to USAID staff and when requested on alternate approaches to creatively resolve technical infrastructure problems.
- Verify the completion of works and recommend acceptance of the works to USAID, monitor, and analyze construction related claims (if any), and recommend acceptance or rejection to USAID.
- Participate in project and activity implementation meetings and other technical USAID meetings as required.
- Perform other duties assigned by the EG Office Director, or a designee, necessary to achieve USAID infrastructure objectives.
Education & Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited university and a registration in the Deanship of Tunisian Engineers
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in engineering design, construction management and quality control
- Expert knowledge of Tunisian building and construction codes, standards and environmental requirements.
- High degree of technical, analytical, and quantitative skill s
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision or guidance
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to establish and maintain strong contacts with counterparts in the private sector as well as the Tunisian government
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment with a diverse staff
- Fluency in English as well as Arabic and/or French language writing and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prepare required reports in proper format and language.
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
How to apply
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter dt-global.com.