Closing date 31 Dec 2022
Are you seeking an Operations career with impact? Join Samaritan’s Purse as the Senior Operations Manager in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. This opportunity will allow you to provide strategic oversight and leadership to the operation in the following areas: Project Implementation, Logistics, Procurement, Inventory, Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, and Administration. With your elevated perspective and efficient organizational skills, we will be able to continue working and sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ while maintaining exceptional programming to meet the physical needs of the people we are serving. Join us to use your skills and passion to make an impact with an eternal purpose!
A day in the life of a Senior Operations Manager, Democratic Republic of the Congo:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Senior Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Insure efficiency with the highest standard of integrity and provide support in the achievement of program of objectives through maintenance and improvement of project procurement systems, processes, and procedures.
- Manage and direct the logistics department to ensure a complete warehousing system is established and followed at all bases.
- Provide leadership to logistics department as they oversee Information Technology Services, ensuring quality service and hardware provision to all staff at all bases.
- Understand Samaritan’s Purse financial and budgeting systems in order to effectively supervise the implementation of operational budgets.
- Mentor and train all staff in operations in order to ensure that they follow policy.
- Regularly visit all bases to ensure operations comply with set operational protocols and that logistics are fully supporting DRC project efforts.
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; preferably in Logistics/Transportation Management; one to two year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated integrity, honesty, transparency, and ethical character.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to cope with stress and live in basic conditions; flexibility and patience.
- Ability to network and build relationships with government, civil society, and community partners.
- Experience with and have a working knowledge of Access or other relational data base systems beneficial.
- Ability to concisely explain information to others, both management and field staff; ask questions for clarification, demonstrate openness and willingness to share and learn
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required); if not already completed, opportunity to meet and complete requirement is available upon hire.
Job Location: Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); French strongly preferred
Travel Expectations: Travel to field sites as necessary; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
How to apply
Our Mission: Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This is not just a job. It’s a calling, it’s a ministry, and it is your opportunity to begin a life-changing career.
**All applications should be submitted in English**