We are seeking a Program Development Officer to serve on our team in Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) As a Program Development Officer, you will coordinate the design and implementation of programs and grant proposals, develop relationships with donors and other agencies, and provide your technical expertise throughout the project cycle. Come serve with our team and make an eternal impact! Join us today!
A day in the life of a Program Development Officer:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Program Development Officer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Develop programming through writing concept papers, proposals and budgets using best practices and lessons learned in coordination with appropriate program units
- Build relationships on behalf of Samaritan’s Purse with bilateral donors, International Non-governmental Organizations, and other agencies
- Assist as needed in program implementation, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out
- Build capacity of field staff in general program development skills, behavior change communication, and quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse in relevant UN cluster meetings and other donor/partner meetings
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation, program development, and/or capacity building; or equivalent combination of experience and education. Formal project management certification or training preferred.
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals, training/instruction manuals, and reports
- Working knowledge of the grant submission processes of major donors such but not limited to the UN, CIDA, DFID and USAID, PADF, etc
- Strong planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required); if not already completed, opportunity to meet and complete requirement is available upon hire.
Job Location: Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required), French strongly preferred
Travel Expectations: Required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
How to apply
Our Mission: Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This is not just a job. It’s a calling, it’s a ministry, and it is your opportunity to begin a life-changing career.
**All applications should be submitted in English**