Title: Nutrition and WASH Lead
Reports to: Chief of Party
Supervises: Health, Nutrition and WASH Specialists
Revised: January 2023
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is a global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that demonstrates God’s love and compassion. ADRA works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action.
The successful candidate must understand, respect and honor the mission, purpose and identity of ADRA.
ADRA International is seeking a Nutrition and WASH Lead for an anticipated USAID/BHA–funded Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The project aims to reduce and prevent chronic malnutrition in the regions with severe, chronic food insecurity and malnutrition. For over 20 years, ADRA has implemented relief and development activities in DRC with funding from major international donors, including USAID. The Nutrition and WASH Lead will be responsible for the oversight and guidance of the team responsible for the design and implementation of related activities.
This position will be based in Kasai Region in DRC. It is contingent upon receipt of funding and requires donor approval.
- Master’s degree in nutrition, public health or related social science discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with increasing technical responsibility leading to senior level expertise and managerial roles.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field leading nutrition, WASH and social behavior change programming intending to improve Food, Nutrition and Economic Security (FNES).
- Demonstrated experience leading the development and implementation of large-scale evidence-based, multi-sectoral nutrition and WASH programming.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of food and nutrition security.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead collection, analysis, and utilization of information from a broad range of sources.
- Have a strong understanding of the application of a range of SBC theory and approaches that address changes in social norm and individual behaviors.
- Proficiency in capacity strengthening, including experience with effective adult education.
- Experience in supporting and supervising team members by providing them with clear objectives, timelines, direction, guidance, mentoring and support to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to network and engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and familiarity with USAID/BHA funding.
- Written and spoken command of English and French languages.
- Knowledge in Congolese language specific to the region preferred.
- Leading and Supervising – Provides others with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; recruits staff of a high caliber; provides staff with development opportunities and coaching; sets appropriate standards of behavior; give regular feedback.
- Presenting and Communicating Information – Speaks clearly and fluently; expresses opinions, information, and key points of an argument clearly.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts – Works strategically to realize organizational goals; sets and develops strategies.
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Provide technical guidance and support the development of nutrition and WASH strategies/approaches and developing modules and programming.
- Lead, motivate, support and supervise team members for high quality program delivery.
- Provide project vision, strategic planning, direction, leadership and management; lead the preparation of workplans; and monitor project progress and timely delivery of all reporting and deliverables, ensuring performance quality and compliance with USAID/BHA and ADRA requirements.
- Develop tools for successful implementation, monitoring and reporting of related interventions.
- Develop/update technical strategies, standard and protocols relating to the project
- Document and report on any learning or bet practices identified during the project interventions.
- Monitor program for quality and project objectives related to nutrition and WASH and reports accordingly.
- Leads in the preparation of technical and learning documents and products to enhance and ensure the success of the project.
- Communicate with the project team and ADRA International team any successes and issues that arise during the execution of the project.
- Manage and develop a team of specialists in the related interventions to ensure the success of the project and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Travel required. Must have the ability to travel on short notice if necessary.
How to apply
To apply, please go to adra.org/careers