Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
Reports to: Chief of Party
Revised: January 2023
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is a global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that demonstrates God’s love and compassion. ADRA works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action.
The successful candidate must understand, respect and honor the mission, purpose and identity of ADRA.
ADRA International is seeking a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Lead for an anticipated USAID/BHA–funded Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The project aims to reduce and prevent chronic malnutrition in the regions with severe, chronic food insecurity and malnutrition. For over 20 years, ADRA has implemented relief and development activities in DRC with funding from major international donors, including USAID. As the M&E Lead, your knowledge and experience will provide technical expertise and leadership to generate and analyse quality evidence and data through monitoring, assessments, and evaluations. The M&E Lead will have overall management responsibility for the M&E Staff and activities to generate and analyse quality evidence. The M&E Lead will be key in coordinating and supervising monitoring ad evaluation activities assessments required to ensure the success of the project.
This position will be based in Kasai Region in DRC. It is contingent upon receipt of funding and requires donor approval.
- Advanced degree (Master’s or higher) in a quantitative field, (economics, agricultural/development economics, statistics, biostatistics, nutrition, applied sociology or other relevant subject) with significant training in quantitative and qualitative methods
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in leading the M&E of multi-year development or resilience awards
- Experience in using and designing electronic data collection platforms including kobo tool, ODK etc.
- Well experienced in designing, developing, and conducting data quality assessments according to USAID data quality assessment requirements, data management and data visualization; including proficiency in database development/management, SPSS, Stata, , Access, and skills in analyzing, interpreting and communicating information to various stakeholders including USAID and ADRA International.
- Demonstrated experience building or strengthening monitoring systems, conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, designing survey methodology, and promoting evidence-based program management.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the M&E of a large multi-year development or resilience award; knowledge about TOCs, logic models, food and nutrition security indicators, M&E plans, data quality assurance, data utilization, and gender & youth integration into M&E
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operationalizing a comprehensive M&E plan
- Demonstrated ability to network and engage with necessary stakeholders
- Knowledge and familiarity with USAID/BHA funding including M&E requirements.
- Written and spoken command of English and French languages.
- Knowledge in Congolese language specific to the region preferred.
- Leading and Supervising – Provides others with a clear direction, motivates and empowers others; recruits staff of high caliber; provides staff with development opportunities and coaching; sets appropriate standards of behavior, gives regular feedback.
- Relating and Networking – Establishes good relationships with individuals both internally and externally; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humor appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
- Creating and Innovating – Produces new ideas, approaches, or insights; creates innovative products or designs; produces a range of solutions to problems.
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Lead the M&E component and strategies for the project
- Lead and design, implement and revise the projects TOC and Logical Framework
- Identify performance indicators including BHA required and required-if-applicable indicators and tools to inform BHA, project leadership and ADRA International about the progress towards the program objectives and encourage management to integrate them into the project design
- Develop report templates and formats as well as the schedule for reporting
- Lead and provide guidance in designing mixed methods measurements such as baselines and evaluations and effectively promote evidence-based program management
- Provide technical expertise and provide input to senior leadership for program adaptation based on key learnings
- Provide guidance on designing studies and develop instruments to ensure quality of data collected, processed and analyzed
- Provide strategic feedback, analysis and interpretation of data and information throughout the program startup and implementation processes
- Lead the development of M&E plans, frameworks, indicators, and develop tools and processes
- Support and lead assessments, surveys, case studies and other impact assessments
- Provide technical support and training to the project team on sound M&E procedures and practices and support them in the implementation of assessments, diversity analysis, stakeholder analysis, organizational capacity assessments and other program data collection and analysis
- Ensure the consistency of indicators and tools across all partners, sector and programs as appropriate, maintaining a bank of key program indicators
- Lead the development of quantitative and qualitative surveys including designing the survey SOWs
- Leverage lessons learned, best practices, program data, evaluations and other information to communication pieces, proposal annexes, results-based documentation, etc
- Lead and develop project reports including quarterly semiannual and annual reports and project survey monitoring reports such as annual survey reports.
- Lead and design project annual surveys and project annual reviews
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Travel required. Must have the ability to travel on short notice if necessary.
How to apply
To apply please go to adra.org/careers