Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID Enseignement Technique pour Opportunités Inclusives, Lucratives et Équitables (ETOILE) Workforce Development Program in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC ETOILE). The program will enhance inclusive workforce development for Congolese youth, particularly those from marginalized and underrepresented populations, resulting in improved social mobility and economic livelihoods.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall direction, leadership, and management of the program to ensure smooth and steady needs- and results-driven program implementation, supported by evidence, learning, and adaptation
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of development assistance provided under the program, including necessary adjustments to operations to match USAID requirements
- Oversee strategic work planning, performance management, strategic communications, partner and stakeholder outreach and relationship management, grantee and subcontractor management, financial management and budgeting, human resource management, and compliance and business ethics
- Oversee the timely preparation and delivery of all deliverables, including but not limited to annual work plans and reports and other progress reports and technical deliverables, as applicable
- Responsible for the overall and direct implementation of program activities, and ensures all program technical assistance is high quality, technically sound, and appropriate to achieve desired results
- Foster and manage productive relations with relevant government counterparts and entities, and effectively coordinate and collaborate with other donor and international organizations’ activities and programs in the youth workforce development sector or related sectors
- Establish and maintain an inclusive office environment that ensures integrity, honesty, open communications, and commitment to compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Supervise, coach, and mentor technical and administrative staff, consultants, grantees, subcontractors, and partner organizations to achieve expected results
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the program with USAID and key stakeholders
- Advanced degree in business, public administration, international development, or a related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant management, supervisory, and technical experience with minimum (5) years’ experience leading USAID or other donor-funded programs
- Demonstrated supervisory work experience including supervision of technical teams and grantees and/or subcontractor partners to work effectively and efficiently towards achieving a common goal
- Demonstrated experience working on youth livelihoods and employment development programs, especially those with a strong focus on inclusion and workforce development
- Prior practical experience applying the Positive Youth Development (PYD) framework preferred
- Practical experience working with a range of partners, including TVETs, private training providers, NGOs, CSOs, FBOs, the private sector, and government agencies (USG and host)
- Practical experience leading co-creation processes with a range of partners, especially host-country partners, to develop strong partnerships to design and implement results-driven technical activities
- Practical experience leading human and organizational capacity building activities
- Demonstrated experience applying adaptive management practices to achieve results
- Prior work experience in West and Central Africa and experience in the DRC preferred
- Fluency in English and French with excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply
For EOIs and recommendations, please send an email with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 30, 2022. Please also include “Chief of Party” in the subject line. Finalists will be contacted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.