International Rescue Committee
The IRC began its programming in Ethiopia in 2000 by supporting refugees from neighboring countries and Ethiopians in crisis-affected and underserved communities. The IRC currently provides multisector assistance for both emergency response and long-term resilience building in Ethiopia, serving more than 660,000 refugees across 21 camps and over 2.5 million vulnerable Ethiopians in several regions. The IRC provides children, youth and adults with safe, quality educational opportunities that help them learn the skills they need to survive and thrive.
IRC is seeking a Senior Early Childhood Education (ECE) Technical Advisor for an upcoming five-year, multi-million-dollar USAID-funded ECE Activity in Ethiopia. The project seeks to strengthen Ethiopia’s ECE systems by administering systems strengthening interventions which promote high-quality and responsive Early Childhood Development (ECD) at the federal, regional, woreda, kebele, and household levels. The Senior Technical Advisor will be based out of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The ECE Technical Advisor will provide technical leadership on the project and provide technical expertise on education systems strengthening interventions which promote ECD and education.
This full-time position will report to the Chief of Party and is contingent on USAID Approval and successful award of the project.
Provide technical leadership on content development and adaptation, key technical focal point for conversations with Ministries or other key Ed stakeholders,
• Development, deployment and effective utilization of outstanding ECE curriculum, resources and materials to support quality assurance of early learning and ECE programs
• Provide technical guidance, coordination and oversight for ECE program design and field implementation, ensuring that programs are responsive and of high quality, evidence-based, cost-effective and scalable;
• Represent IRC as the ECE technical lead at strategic meetings and events;
• Establish and strengthen productive and beneficial relationships with ECE-focused organizations and networks, technical experts, government agencies and donors within the region, in coordination with the Chief of Party
• Regular communication and coordination with the Chief of Party and key home office staff on technical and project management issues;
• Manage the ECE technical team and strengthen the technical capacity of staff to implement high quality education programs;
• Conduct regular visits to project sites, as possible, to provide technical assistance and ensure proper implementation and monitoring of project activities;
• Produce inputs to monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports for the Chief of Party and donors, as needed.
• Advanced degree (PhD or MA) from an accredited university in Early Childhood Education, or related field;
• At least 10 years’ experience managing technical assistance for ECE programming, with at least four years of experience with work, preferably in the East Africa region and/or Ethiopia
• Significant prior experience with ECE programming
• Experience in technical tools and materials development, ECE systems analysis and strengthening, and monitoring and evaluation in relation to ECE is highly desired.
• Experience in strategy development and working across Sectors or disciplines is highly desired
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders;
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
• Fluency in English required.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How to apply
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter rescue.csod.com.