International Rescue Committee
The IRC began its programming in Ethiopia in 2000 by supporting refugees from neighboring countries and Ethiopians in crisis-affected and underserved communities. The IRC currently provides multisector assistance for both emergency response and long-term resilience building in Ethiopia, serving more than 660,000 refugees across 21 camps and over 2.5 million vulnerable Ethiopians in several regions. The IRC provides children, youth and adults with safe, quality educational opportunities that help them learn the skills they need to survive and thrive.
IRC is seeking a qualified Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) for the upcoming five-year USAID-funded Early Childhood Education (ECE) Activity in Ethiopia to strengthen Ethiopia’s ECE systems by administering systems strengthening interventions which promote high-quality and responsive Early Childhood Development (ECD) at the federal, regional, woreda, kebele, and household levels. Based out of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, the DFA will oversee the project’s administrative and financial management, human resources, and procurement processes in adherence to USAID regulations, local laws, and IRC rules and regulations.
This full-time position will report to the Chief of Party and is contingent on USAID Approval and successful award of the project.
• Oversee the project’s administrative and financial management, human resources, and procurement portfolio and processes.
• Develops and administers program budgets with teams while closely monitoring budget pipelines.
• Provide timely and accurate financial reporting processes to and in accordance with USAID and IRC Rules and Regulations.
• Manages internal and external project finance audits and conducts due diligence to ensure that USG funds are not diverted from their development purpose.
• Track and analyze all costs incurred and oversee preparation and timely submission of monthly financial statements and reports.
• Stay abreast with donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train IRC’s project staff in these policies.
• Ensure that all project financial management, procurement and human resource practices are in compliance with IRC policies and U.S. government regulations.
• Ensure that expenditures are within budgets and in compliance with commitments made in grants and work plans.
• Prepare information as needed to provide the COP with a financial overview to support effective decision-making.
• Oversee and lead all administrative, logistical, and financial management and operations for project.
• Liaise with other key technical personnel and local staff in targeted areas to ensure that smooth financial processes are upheld.
• Develop and monitor systems to mitigate risk, fraud, and waste.
• Minimum of eight years of experience in the financial and operations processes of donor funded projects in East Africa, with progressively increasing levels of responsibilities, is required;
• Demonstrated capacity to implement and enforce USAID procedures, rules, and regulations is required;
• Experience in the application of a competitive procurement processes, especially in regard to consultants and service providers, is required;
• Experience managing grants, or providing administrative oversight of grants, is required;
• Personal qualities of integrity, collaboration, and work ethic are required;
• Experience building the capacity of staff in a broad range of areas related to finance and operations is strongly preferred;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related Field. Advanced degree preferred.
• International donor experience is required, USAID experience is preferred;
• Professional written and spoken fluency in English is required.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How to apply
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter rescue.csod.com.