Position : Customs Clearance Manager
An experienced and skilled Customs Clearance Manager will assist with the management of customs and corporate compliance across the entire company regarding Import/Export, ensuring that all processes are correctly.
The Customs Clearance Manager will assist also company customers with the clearance Import/export process, ensuring to offer area expertise advice in order to assist with the guarantee and smooth progression.
Responsible for daily executing Import/Export operations in the Congo DRC, including trouble-shooting and root cause analysis for all kind issues impacting the efficient related especially to customs.
- Ensure the compliance and relations levels for all customs and government agency.
- Manage customer for shipment status, and maintain a cordial relationship to build future business.
- Build effective customs and customer relationships.
- Executing all tasks as per requirement of the operations department.
- Maintain registers and reports for Import and Export Operations.
- Coordinate with internationals transporters, Shipper & Consignee for effective deliveries and handover.
- Communicate and correspond with customer and suppliers.
- Send pre-alerts / pre advice / arrival notice and ensure timely issuance of delivery orders, clearance and delivery of shipments.
- Handle Corporate customers and Accounts.
- Manage Pre-shipment inspection (PSI) process and maintain all relationships with related as banks , SEGUS and BIVAC…
- Ensure that all internal/external audits are complain with regulation and rules.
- Monitor all department KPI related to customs clearance.
- Ensure all company and customer authorizations are valid and kept up to date.
- Excellent and solid Knowledge of Congo DRC customs clearance Import/Export laws and regulations.
- 6-5 years of experience working in customs clearance domain.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Open minded
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel.
- Good English/French – Communication & Correspondence.
- Better to know ICT product.