Job vacancy n°02/09-RFN/KINSHASA/2023
|Position:||1 Administrative and financial support officer|
|Type of contract||6 months fixed term contract as probation period, renewable to a four years contract on January 2024 depending on performances|
|Reports to||Operations Manager|
|Place of work||Kinshasa with several field trips as needed.|
The destruction of the world’s tropical forests is one of the greatest environmental catastrophes of our time. Every year, 130,000 square kilometers of tropical forests are lost. Rainforest Foundation Norway is one of Europe’s leading non-governmental organizations working to protect these forests and strengthen the rights of indigenous peoples. We work with over 70 indigenous and environmental organizations in 11 countries in Southeast Asia, Central Africa and the Amazon. Further information at: https://www.regnskog.no/en/
To strengthen its team in Kinshasa, the RFN office in the DRC is looking for a dynamic and motivated person to fill the position of Administrative and Financial Support Officer. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative and Financial Support Officer will be responsible for all matters relating to the management of our office.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative and Financial Support Officer will be directly involved in supporting, monitoring and strengthening the financial and administrative capacities of RFN’s partner organizations in the DRC.
The Administrative and Financial Support Officer will work closely with the RFN office in Kinshasa, auditors and RFN partners. He/she will be required to travel regularly to Kinshasa and the provinces.
Bookkeeping for the Rainforest Foundation Norway office in the DRC (25% of time)
- Enter accounting data into SAGE software;
- Ensure budgetary and administrative Chargé d’appui administratif et financiers charges for expenses;
- Ensure proper maintenance of journals Administrative and Financial Support Officer ;
- Participate actively in office audits (preparation, implementation and follow-up);
- Ensure control of RFN office vouchers;
- Ensure proper archiving of RFN office documents;
- Ensure follow-up of funds advanced to RFN staff;
- Support the Operations Manager in declarations to public administrations (submit declarations and payments, look for receipts or proofs of payment and, if necessary, assist in drawing up declarations);
- Effectively support the Operations Manager in the closing operations;
Support and monitoring of Rainforest Foundation Norway partners in the proper management of the funds allocated to them (under the supervision and in collaboration with the Operations Manager) – 75% of time
- Develop and implement a control and monitoring system to ensure compliance with contractual obligations binding RFN and its partners, sound financial management and anti-corruption policies, and follow-up on audit recommendations from partners and RFN;
- Offer and deliver training in accounting, finance and administration to RFN’s partner organizations;
- Support partners in implementing the recommendations of internal control/audit reports.
Carry out any other tasks requested by his or her superiors, the above list not being exhaustive.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Initiative, proactive;
- Methodical, highly organized and rigorous in filing documents Administrative and financial support officer in hard, soft and email ;
- Effective and efficient communicator, spoken and written;
- Zero tolerance of irregularities and fraud;
- Demonstrated experience as a Management Trainer Administrative and Financial Support Officer;
- Know how to plan work within deadlines and be highly flexible in terms of working hours, even if this means arranging recovery with your line manager;
- Be diplomatic;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to ask questions, listen and learn from others;
- Sense of responsibility, integrity, transparency and strict adherence to deadlines;
- Ability to manage problems in compliance with RFN policies;
- Stress resistance;
- Adherence to and compliance with RFN anti-corruption policy and Code of Conduct.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree (Bac+5) in financial management and/or significant field experience in financial control and/or financial management of grants.
- Solid professional experience may compensate for the level of education.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in an international solidarity NGO;
- Experience of working with administrative and financial support software (SAGE);
- Thorough knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel – understanding of advanced formulas (SUMIF, VLOOKUP, COUNTA, etc.) and pivot tables;
- An understanding of written and spoken English is a plus;
- Congolese nationality;
- Have a job-seeker’s card for unemployed candidates.
CONTRACT CONDITIONS :
Exciting, dynamic and meaningful work
Competent and pleasant colleagues in a work environment characterized by diversity, generosity and a good sense of humor.
How to apply
- Other documents (e.g. diplomas and certificates of services rendered) will be requested ONLY from those selected for the position.
- The application must be completed and submitted no later than 09/25/2023 by following the link :
- The signing of the contract with Rainforest Foundation Norway is conditional on receipt of three satisfactory professional references.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted by telephone.
- Rainforest Norvege does not charge a fee for submitting or processing applications.
- Applications from women are encouraged.
Kinshasa, le 07/09/2023
For the Administration