VisionFund International is financial empowerment from World Vision, a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Working together as part of World Vision – VisionFund enables impoverished households to increase their incomes and then impact communities to increase economic activity, access clean water, education and healthcare, benefit from improvements to nutrition, and provide the foundations for local economies to flourish.
For over 17 years, VisionFund has been committed to brighter futures for children where they can experience the love of Christ, building lives free of need and full of promise.
Through our work, every 60 seconds a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief Finance Officer (CFO), for VisionFund Zambia, you will be responsible for helping the institution accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of finance management, control and governance processes. You will coordinate, monitor and facilitate compliance with existing laws, rules and regulations. You will also advise the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Senior Leadership Team on the adequacy of the systems and risk management.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, ACCA, CIMA, CA or any other relevant field.
- At least 8 years’ experience in managing microfinance operations in an MFI or Bank setting under regulated environment.
- Must be a member of a professional body ZICA.
- Very good communication and marketing skills.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Office environment: typical office based and frequent travel to fields (40% traveling and 60% office based).
- Travel: 90% Domestic 10% international travel is desired.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
VisionFund is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 15 JULY 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International and VisionFund International, please visit our website: www.visionfund.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.