Job Title: Information Technology Officer
Job Level: Senior Specialist
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
This position is primarily responsible for assisting the IT Management with effective, efficient and secure operation of all computer systems and IT staff support within the RSC Africa Kampala office and field sites. This position will work closely with other support and field team staff.
This position reports directly to the Program Manager, in close coordination with the IT Manager in Nairobi.
- Achieves and maintains thorough knowledge and adherence to established RSC Africa, CWS/IRP, DOS/PRM and USCIS policies and procedures regarding database management for the Pre USCIS case file processing;
- Manages the day-to-day running, maintenance, administration of IT facilities in Kampala Sub office in a timely manner;
- Plans, organizes, controls, and evaluates the operations of information systems and electronic data processing;
- Maintains the security and the integrity of the IT equipment and network infrastructure, which includes LAN, wireless networks and communication systems;
- Maintains the security and integrity of the Sub office’s computer systems including virus protection, backup procedures and legal implications of computer use;
- Provides first line, high quality support and advice to all Sub office staff in their use of offices IT facilities, both in Kampala and, as necessary, in the field; resolves assigned helpdesk requests and when required mans the RSC Africa centralized IT helpdesk system;
- Escalates any major and locally unresolvable IT issues to Nairobi IT office
- Manages the maintenance, repair (where possible) of the Sub office’s IT equipment in consultation with the supervisor;
- In coordination with the Nairobi IT support and Training team, identifies staff IT training needs and delivers of IT training to information systems users.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with end users or project requestors;
- Makes necessary recommendations to ensure that adequate back-up power systems are in place for all Sub office IT systems.
- Ensures that any IT equipment used by field team staff is properly checked to make sure it is in good working condition;
- Liaises with the IT staff in Nairobi (as necessary) on various IT issues including the implementation of new technologies and coordinating office installations;
- Handles multiple project responsibilities simultaneously, prioritizes work and resolves technical emergencies as they may occur;
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned to enhance the effectiveness and integrity of the Sub office IT systems for the benefit of the refugee processing program.
Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field is required.
Other advanced professional training in IT related field is required.
Experience leading and supporting activities in an IT environment; four years’ experience in managing and/or supporting computer networks with a preference for Windows based networks.**
Knowledge / Skills:
- Strong troubleshooting and problems solving skills in a Windows based environment.
- Good problem solving skills and willingness to constantly renew required knowledge.
- Through knowledge of TCP/IP Architecture and OSI Model.
- Strong knowledge in networking (LAN, WLAN and VPN), especially with Cisco managed devices (Firewalls, Routers and switches)
- Strong, up-to-date knowledge in systems security in a large network environment.
- Strong knowledge in domain management and Active directory services.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft 365 Administration or Support
- Strong knowledge and skills in Windows server 2016 and above setup and administration.
- Strong knowledge of using and managing IT Helpdesk systems.
- Knowledge in Intrusion prevention and detection systems (Cisco Firepower or any other)
- Knowledge in data leak, loss and encryption methods (McAfee or any other)
- Knowledge and working experience with administration of database systems, especially MS SQL Server. **
The IT Officer must have the ability to:
- Discuss technical information with users of diverse technical levels and discern their needs;
- Communicate technical reports effectively at any level;
- Initiate, facilitate, oversee and negotiate IT projects;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Follow instructions from the supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public;
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations at management level;
- Take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
- Lead others and address issues as they arise;
- Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- Analyze and solve complex problems;
- Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- Effectively manage RSC Africa sub-office’s resources;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa.
Physical: This position requires the employee to be able to bend, squat, sit, stand, walk, push/pull, handle objects (manual dexterity), reach above shoulder level, and use fine finger movements. **
Environmental: Primarily indoors in a general office working environment Incumbents in this position will be exposed to marked changes in temperature and/or humidity; dust, fumes, gases, radiation, infectious diseases etc.; driving of motorized equipment/vehicle; working in confined quarters.
Licensing/Certification: Industry certifications in areas of IT required.**
Special Requirements: Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance Certificate is required before the start of employment.**
Candidates must pass a typing and comprehensive writing skills test in English to be considered for an interview.**
How to apply
Click on CWS Career Site: – https://cws-careers.vibehcm.com/POSTULER