ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The Consultant Program Advisor is responsible for providing programmatic, technical advice, counsel, and support to ABA ROLI’s Tunisia field office (other international field offices, as needed) and the DC staff in one of ROLI’s substantive reform areas, such as criminal law reform, anti-corruption and anti-money laundering, access to justice, women’s rights, etc. This Program Advisor is also responsible for the development, oversight, and management of special projects related to a particular substantive area; and will serves as a subject matter expert and advisor/resource for DC and field staff, particularly for program and proposal development. Working in cooperation with ABA ROLI Tunisia leadership, the Program Advisor leads efforts to pursue program development/expansion opportunities and coordinates the development and maintenance of relationships with donors and partners in the field. The Program Advisor develops and leads management of field-based program implementation, including activities, training, workshops, and special events.
Advise on Tunisia programs by:
- Supporting program design and expansion, proposal development processes;
- Supporting award management and compliance;
- Supporting work-planning and reporting;
- Supporting compliance with ABA policies and award requirements;
- Supporting program planning with partners;
- Supporting donor outreach and relations;
- Supporting subgrant management; and
- Travel to Tunisia as requested.
Support on Libya programs as requested.
- Possession of a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school or recognized foreign law school, or possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least ten years’ experience in one or more thematic areas.
- At least eight years’ experience in international development.
Preferred Qualifications and Interests:
- Previous work experience overseas, preferably in the Middle East and North Africa region.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in one or more of the host country’s official language is desired, but not necessary.
- Previous work experience in a not-for-profit, association, and/or NGO setting.
How to apply
Please submit your application to mena-info@abaroli.