Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- CTG is looking for long & short term Social Safeguards Consultants based in Somalia or Somali speaking candidates intimately familiar with the rural areas in different states to lead or support on the production of social assessments, resettlement policy frameworks, labour management plans & stakeholder engagement plans for a range of human development & livelihoods projects.
Candidates must be able to gauge social assessments identify potential risks, impacts & mitigation measures, including:
- Threats to human security through the escalation of personal, communal or interstate conflict, crime or violence.
- Risks that project impacts fall disproportionately on disadvantaged or vulnerable individuals & groups or that they are excluded from project benefits.
- Negative economic & social impacts relating to involuntary resettlement or restrictions on land use.
- Risks related to conflict or contestation over land & natural resources.
- Impacts on the health, safety & well being of workers & project affected communities.
- Risks of sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment to communities, project beneficiaries or project workers.
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- This role has not team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
The candidate must have:
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences (Anthropology, Sociology, or related field).
- Excellent knowledge & understanding of the environmental & social framework.
- At least 5 years development project experience preferably in Somalia on infrastructure development projects.
- An understanding of vulnerable & marginalized groups in different parts of Somalia & how to include them in consultations & project benefits.
- Proven experience of carrying out social assessments & resettlement action plans for human development & livelihoods projects in Somalia.
- Understanding of land tenure systems both formal, informal & good industry practice for land acquisition & resettlement.
- Experience of promoting fair & safe working conditions for workers & promoting accessible.
- Experience of capacity building & training.
- At least worked on 1 infrastructure project & managed land & resettlement issues.
- Excellent written & spoken English & Somali.
- Based in Somalia.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply for this role.
- The selected candidate is expected to travel across Somalia as & when required.
- Candidates applying for this role MUST upload a copy of their latest resume on their candidate profiles.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: