Nutrition Programme Manager – National Position
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role Purpose: The Nutrition Programme Manager has the stated purpose of leading the nutrition team for Somaliland. The Nutrition Programme Manager is responsible for the effective design, implementation and coordination of activities associated with the Save the Children Somaliland nutrition interventions in Somaliland. S/He is responsible for leading and managing the nutrition team in project implementation; design of interventions; developing work plans; coordinating with partners in peer programs locally & regionally; stimulating & identifying innovative ideas amongst the team that will meet the project goals; establishing best practices; producing reports; attending regular management meetings both internal and external; coordinating with other SCISOM technical personnel and relevant Humanitarian actors.
Contract Duration: 2 Years
Qualifications and Experience
- Health / Public Health / Nutrition BSc or equivalent
- Substantial emergency nutrition experience of 4-6 years including the design and implementation of feeding programs and their analysis and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating CTC programmes
- Experience in conducting nutrition assessments (survey design, implementation and analysis using the SMART method and package, an ability to include sound causal analysis) and an understanding of nutritional surveillance and information systems.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach national staff.
- Experience and ability to represent Save the Children’s nutrition work in external meetings.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Demonstrable ability at report writing and excellent communication skills
- Experience of working safely in hostile and insecure environments
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic personality, commitment to understanding and improving the lives of children in an emergency context
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay in the field
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and meet deadlines with minimal guidance
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Distance management experience
The Application will close on 6th July,2021
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c21haGRpLjg2MDQxLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQPOSTULER