Health Programme Manager – National Position
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role Purpose: Health programme manager is responsible for overall coordination, facilitation and management of the health programme Somaliland (SL). S/he will coordinate with Nutrition and WASH sectors for integrated delivery of health, nutrition and WASH interventions. S/he will be responsible for external representation in Hargeisa and maintaining regular contact with relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
Contract Duration: 2 Years
Qualifications and Experience
- Health professional with Bachelor qualification in medicine, nursing. At least 5 years’ experience in similar role with substantial relevant experience in Health program management
- Previous experience in coordinating, implementing and managing complex health programs with INGO’s in developing countries and/or IDPs settings.
- Experience in situation analysis, health assessments and program implementation.
- Ability to support and build capacity of staff through performance management.
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of Health programme activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field, under sometimes difficult and occasionally insecure circumstances.
- Experience in grant management and proposal writing is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power point, Epi-Info/SPSS, Outlook and the internet.
- Ability to multitask; work under pressure, exercise flexibility and adaptability to transition.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
The Application will close on 6th July,2021
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c21haGRpLjc0NzU5LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQPOSTULER