Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Somalia Urban Resilience Project II (SURP II) is a municipal governance & infrastructure development project financed by the WB & its partners, aimed at improving access to urban infrastructure & strengthening municipal governance in Somalia.
- The Govt. of Somalia, through the Benadir Regional Administration (Mogadishu) representing all 4 municipalities of Mogadishu, Kismayo, Garowe & Baidoa has selected our client to provide the consulting services for the urban transport infrastructure works to be executed by the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) of the respective municipalities under the project.
- The works involve construction of urban roads to bitumen standards, construction of associated drainage works & installation of streetlights, by the contractors engaged by the respective PIU.
- The scope of the engagement is to provide technical assistance to the PIUs in the works implementation & contracts managements in the areas of design review, technical supervision, performance monitoring, quality control etc., as well as contributing to PIUs capacity buildings.
The Assistant Engineer working under the supervision of the Resident Engineer will be responsible for:
- Coordination of the project stakeholders including the state govt. institutions, municipality, PIU & the local communities to facilitate smooth implementation of the works activities by the Contractor.
- Study the design drawings, specifications, bill of quantities & receive guidance from the Resident Engineer for the day to day supervision of the works by the contractor.
- Supports the field teams consisting of material testing staff, surveyors, work inspectors etc. to perform their duties.
- Organise collection of material samples for the laboratory testing & the laboratory testing’s under the supervision of the Material Engineer.
- Supports the PIU team in the implementation & monitoring of the project safeguard instruments including environmental & social management plans.
- Day to day monitoring & verification of quality of works carried out by the contractor(s) & carry out measurements of the work quantities completed to assist the payment certification process.
- Ensuring that Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) requirements & procedures are followed on site.
- Perform other duties related to the assignment requested by the Resident Engineer.
- The Assistant Engineer working under the supervision of the Resident Engineer.
- The Assistant Engineer will be required to assist the management of field staff under the guidance of the Resident Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (or similar discipline) is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in civil engineering projects including construction supervision experience.
- Roads engineering experience is desirable.
- Fluency in Somali & English, both written & spoken English is required.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified candidates from the respective states will be given the preference.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Candidates applying for this role MUST upload their latest resume to their candidate profiles.
How to apply
Candidates interested i applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: