- Under the supervision of the Protection Delegate, implements RFL activities in his/her area of responsibility.
- Reception, treatment and follow up of different services offered by ICRC to restore family links (RFL); including Unaccompanied Minors (UAM) identification and registration (under the technical supervision of Protection Delegate), treatment of tracing request and Red Cross Messages (RCM) received from other sites or collected in the field (including in Detention facilities) and forensic related issues.
- Maintain an updated filing system of the RFL caseload
- Report on the implementation of RFL activities and share monthly compilation of PROT/RFL statistics.
- Liaison and coordination with the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS), including the Restoring Family Links focal point.
- Manages the caseload for the AOR including identifying and prioritizing action, maintaining contact with NRCS volunteers, attributing workload, assessing quality of work done
- Coaches, supervises and provides feedback to NRCS RFL volunteers as they collect and treat PFL cases (UAM/SC, TC, RCM etc.) in the AoR
- Supports in delivering capacity-building trainings for NRCS RFL volunteers
- Occasionally translates PFL documents from Hausa into English and vice versa as operational needs require
- Collection, analysis, monitoring and reporting of protection concerns and trends (including Health Care in Danger related issues). Particular attention will be given to humanitarian consequences.
- Maintains and develops an adequate networking with all relevant stakeholders in order to have a good analysis of the situation (including security) and updated information relevant for ICRC objectives.
How to apply
Send Curriculum vitae, cover letter and NYSC Certificate to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Clearly indicate “ABJ202100201 Protection FO KAN” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience