Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!**
Title: Public Policy & Advocacy Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Associate Director, Public Policy and Advocacy
Classification: Regular Contract
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Public Policy and Advocacy Officer functions as an integral part of the Public Policy and Advocacy (PPA) team. This person largely supports the Africa based Public Policy and Advocacy initiatives in order to advance EGPAF priorities in the continent and at national level in EGPAF presence countries. In addition to supporting the PPA team, the person will manage a small portfolio of specific policy areas and/or projects.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Public Policy and Advocacy Officer?
- Contribute towards strengthening internal capacity for Public Policy & Advocacy
- With guidance from the regional External Affairs and Public Policy and Advocacy team, coordinate the Communications & Advocacy Community of Practice including:
- Enhancing COP documentation drive to promote accountability, knowledge management and information sharing
- Promoting use of Foundation-wide collaborative platforms and forums to strengthen COP engagement
- Coordinate activities related to the COP, monthly call, webinars, etc.
- Identify areas of advocacy support at national level and liaise with the broader PPA team to provide the support
- Devise and implement a system to regularly gather, monitor, analyse and disseminate relevant health development information to the PPA team and country public policy and advocacy focal persons
- Lead Africa Digital advocacy efforts
- Lead development and implementation of digital advocacy strategy in consultation with key stakeholders in the Foundation to facilitate strategic advocacy
- Identify, conduct and participate in Africa focused e-advocacy initiatives which may include collaboration with allies and partners
- Collaborate with External Affairs team on broader media and social media opportunities related to the work of the PPA team
- Documentation development and advancement
- Identify opportunities for documentation internally and externally from the PPA team range of activities
- Lead diverse writing projects for the public policy and advocacy team including development of advocacy messages and materials for different focus areas
- Support PPA team in developing content for the Public Policy and Advocacy external web pages and internal SharePoint page
- Administrative support
- Organize, manage, and support PPA led/sponsored and co-sponsored events and briefings, including material development, background preparation, speaker remarks, etc.
- Provide administrative support to the PPA team based in Africa as necessary
To be successful, you will have…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or other related program;
- 5-6 years of experience in creating content crafted to capture the attention of a target audience to influence change
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritize, take initiative and follow-through
- Proven ability to work effectively and multi-task as member of a dynamic team across different regions/geographies
- Ability to identify and communicate with key stakeholders to advance an issue
- Experience in working with non-traditional media in a professional capacity
- A team player who can skilfully coordinate activities across different levels
- Sensitivity and interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with a group of diverse personalities
- Decisive, independent, and resourceful with the ability to anticipate and act on events and opportunities in an appropriate and thoughtful manner.
Bonus points if you have…
- Postgraduate in public policy, communications or related field
- Experience in working with NGOs and some regional/global experience
- French/Portuguese proficiency
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Officer: Team Building; Customer Service and Decisiveness
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
How to apply
To apply, please visit: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=PEDAIDS&cws=41&rid=2411Groupe TELEGRAM