- Help us end avoidable blindness
- Do you want to do work that really matters?
- International Development Organization
- Position based at The Fred Hollows Foundation Kenya, Nairobi office
The Fred Hollows Foundation is one of the world’s largest and most innovative eye health international development organizations, having restored sight to more than 3 million people around the world. We are an ambitious organization, committed to making a difference and end avoidable blindness, however, we recognize that we cannot do this alone.
Founded in 1992 in honor of late Professor Fred Hollows, world-renowned eye surgeon and social activist from Australia, The Foundation has been one of the fastest-growing international NGOs in healthcare.
It’s not just what we do that’s important, it’s the way that we do it that matters. We work hand in hand with our communities and partners who together, share the same goals and determination. We focus on results and are passionate about making affordable and accessible eye care a reality for everyone so that no one person is needlessly blind. Working together we deepen our impact.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator is accountable for supporting country teams across The Foundation to engage to a high standard, in The Foundation’s monitoring, evaluation, reporting, learning and data quality assurance processes and building a culture of continuous quality improvement across the hub’s programs. This position will have a primary portfolio of countries, but work may expand to other countries and global initiatives as required. The coordinator will support country teams to engage effectively with, processes outlined in the MERL framework, and data quality assurance activities.
To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with previous experience designing and using project/program monitoring and evaluation frameworks. You must demonstrate expertise in project or program delivery, preferably in an international development context.
Specific experience and skills include:
1. MERL processes and systems
- Support country teams (and build their capacity) to:
- develop project M&E plans, in accordance with organizational policy and guidance.
- design and test data collection tools, as required for project monitoring.
- design and contract (and in some instances implement) project evaluations, in accordance with organizational policy and guidance.
- engage in effective and regular reflection and learning activities.
- analyze and report project results.
- engage with project and country program results and develop meaningful management responses and reports.
- As required, work with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to develop and continually improve The Foundation’s monitoring and evaluation standards and practice.
2. Data quality assurance
- Support country teams to implement The Foundation’s data quality assurance and CQI systems, processes and tools in collaboration with the Economist, ANCP team and Grants Manager.
- Support country teams to conduct statistical analysis, with a focus on quantitative data.
- Support country teams to ensure that verifiable, quantitative data is routinely collected and analyzed for project improvement.
3. Partner capacity development
- Support country teams to identify opportunities and develop plans to strengthen partner MERL practice, with a focus on Routine Data Quality Assurance.
- Other tasks as requested by your manager.
Fluency in written and spoken English as well as the ability to travel domestically and internationally will also be essential.
How to apply
How to apply and who to contact
Applications should be made via our website: https://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist team via email at email@example.com Applications sent to this email shall be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: Friday 5th July 2021
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment.
To be eligible for this role you must have the appropriate rights to work in Kenya.Groupe TELEGRAM