St John Kenya is one of Johanniter’s Partners in Kenya
St John Kenya is a first aid and health charity organization incorporated in Kenya under the St
John Ambulance of Kenya Act, Cap. 259 of the Laws of Kenya with mandates to provide
emergency medical care, promote charitable works aimed at reducing human suffering and to
provide technical reserves to the medical services of the Government among other functions.
The Organization is looking for a Fundraising and Resource Mobilization Officer.
The holder of this position will report to the Head of Business Development/Programmes and
will be responsible for developing and maintaining project income through individual and
institutional donors and partners. The Officer will also build unrestricted income streams from
in-country fundraising campaigns and social enterprises.
· Develop St John’s fundraising strategy that aligns to the strategic plan
· Spearhead proposal development efforts and submission of winning grant proposals.
· Monitor and maintain the proposal pipeline and generate regular reports.
· Engage in donor relationship management to ensure donor retention and upgrades.
· Develop and implement the social enterprise strategy to diversify revenue streams.
· Coordinate the operations of social enterprise with to maximize sustainability and social purpose.
· Liaise with partners to identify to develop in country fundraising initiatives.
· Identify capacity development needs of St John Kenya in relation to fundraising and resource mobilization activities.
· Design and facilitate capacity building initiatives/training to strengthen St John staffs and volunteers’ ability to proactively contribute to fundraising.
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or a related field of study
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business, grant writing or fundraising for social impact
· Project Management experience will be an added advantage
Good IT literacy, including using spreadsheets and databases
How to apply
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to submit application via email only quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com to be received not later than 30th June 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.