Main objective of the role
· To provide professional day to day support services in the development and implementation of finance and accounting systems in the country
· To ensure compliance and strong internal controls are observed for the proper functioning of the Country Office Finance Department.
· To oversee management of accounting information systems.
· To validate system integrity and ensure timely production of reports and accounting information.
We are looking for someone who will:
· Participate in preparing budgets and managing the financial risk of the country office.
· Prepare the Country Office payroll, and ensure tax calculations, social security and other statutory contribution are made in line with relevant CBM internal and national regulations.
· Maintain internal accounting system and records, and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation and reports.
· Monitor and support the petty cash system managed by the Finance Officer (Grants).
· Manage banking accounts and relationships with the bank (e.g. opening, operating and closing of bank accounts) as per CBM guidelines.
· Ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
· Process all payments (cash and bank) ensuring that proper support document is included, and it is properly approved internally before payment.
· Ensure the safe keeping of all critical financial tools in all currencies such as receipt books and payment vouchers.
· Ensure proper cash flow management to run the office, in liaison with the Finance Manager.
· Grant advances to staff, and ensure reimbursement and trip reports received from staff surrender are well prepared and supported before clearing them off.
· Reconcile all ledgers, to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded and reported.
· Monitor costs versus budget, bank balances, cash balances and asset purchases, with a view to advice on any arising financial issues with potential budget holder.
· As a member of the procurement committee, ensure that any purchase, lease or sale of assets is done in accordance with procurement guidelines and receives the required approvals.
· Work with the Finance Manager to organize and manage the annual audit of Country Office accounts and prepare, manage and implement follow-up plans based on given recommendations.
· Submit timely and complete reports to the Finance Manager as per agreed timetable and in line with established reporting requirements.
· Be incharge of proper preparation, circulation, filing and archiving of all accounting, financial and contractual documents in conformity with CBM procedures and standards.
· Observe compliance with in-country financial regulatory requirements including statutory accounts, audit, tax filing, social security contributions, etc. and work on other compliance matters with the relevant functions, including CBM in-country registration and annual reporting to relevant authorities.
· Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Finance Manager and Country Director.
· Check and ensure project funds requested by the partners are in line with approved budgets and periodic forecasts for designated implementing partner.
· Review and upload final version of reports and relevant project documents on Share point in a timely manner as per CBM reporting schedule.
· Verify designated quarterly finance reports in comparison with narrative reports paying special attention to completeness, adherence to CBM format, support documentation and verify the forecast for the period against partner ability to spend the funds.
· As scheduled jointly with programme team conduct partner field visits perform tasks such as inducting partners on CBM finance requirements and procedures, spot checks on finance management, internal controls in place and progress on capacity improvement recommendations.
· As requested by requested by the line manager mentor/coach partners in internal control systems and processes to ensure that financial resources as used by partners are in compliance with CBM financial policies, standards and procedures, and with specific donor requirements
We are looking for someone who has:
· Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Management
· Professional qualifications in accounting an advantage (CPA, ACCA, CIMA)
· A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in similar field, particularly with international NGOs or international development organization.
· Perform all tasks in a confidential manner.
· Ability to develop and maintain accounting systems which handle large amounts of information.
· Ability to prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
· Effective communication skills.
· An effective team player who is also able to work independently.
· Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment.
· Reflects CBM values in daily work.
· Ability and willingness to learn, and to pass on information / train as required.
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com.
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy. CBM encourages persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at http://www.cbm.org
Application deadline: date: 15th July 2021