Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Population Services International (PSI) seeks a dynamic candidate with an interest in routine health data monitoring systems and data visualization for the position of DHIS2 Advisor. The successful candidate will work closely with Regional and Country Monitoring and Evaluation Advisors to provide high-level technical support on DHIS2, PSI’s global information management system, and other Digital Health tools PSI uses, as need be, like consumer facing and workforce facing digital interventions. The main focus will be developing, supporting and maintaining complex configuration of program monitoring systems in DHIS2, troubleshooting, general system administration, analytics, dashboard development, and customer support through the Helpdesk, as well as capacity building of Country System Admins across PSI’s country offices. This position will also support configuration and maintenance of other Digital Health tools, ie. PowerBI dashboards, Social Media chatbots, Progressive Web Applications, and others.
Data analytics and use
• Lead the development and use of data systems through data-to-action frameworks, development of DHIS2 dashboards and implementation of data use trainings
• Create and help users utilize DHIS2 analytical features including dashboards, maps, and visualizations based on the data-to-action frameworks. Develop and maintain indicators and custom reports
· Provide technical assistance to strengthen use of DHIS2 visualizations and dashboards to support evidence-based decision-making through the DHIS2 Interpretations app and data-to-action approaches
Provide DHIS2 system administration, maintenance and configuration support
· Identify requirements for development of data systems in line with country teams needs and organizational standards, especially on data quality and consumer data protection
· Develop and manage data systems in DHIS2, namely configuration of Data sets and Programs, Users, Organization Units, dashboards, analytics tables and reports
· Implement the integration of DHIS2 with third party tools
· Manage implementation phases from system requirements gathering, development of the system, user acceptance testing, trainings, and coordinating inputs and communications from various stakeholders to ensure implementation is delivered within required timelines
Technical and capacity building support
• Support engagement with Ministries of Health and Country System Admins to plan and implement capacity building on data use utilizing PSI’s data-to-action approach including development of data-to-action frameworks, tailored DHIS2 dashboards and delivery of data use trainings with the country Ministries of Health
• Lead the design and development of data entry forms in the MoH DHIS2 systems. Develop training materials and implement training for MoH system administrators and users
• Lead the integration of PSI’s DHIS2 instances with Ministry of Health DHIS2 systems if required
· Create technical documentation for best practices on configuration and maintenance and based on new features after upgrades
· Troubleshoot DHIS2 configuration and maintenance through PSI’s DHIS2 Helpdesk
Provide technical assistance in Digital Health Interventions
• In collaboration with the development team, support configuration of Digital Health Tools, as need be (ie. PowerBI dashboards, WhatsApp chatbots, digital marketing campaigns, etc)
• Maintenance and technical support of Digital Health interventions at country and program level
What are we looking for?
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics, or a related field
· 7+ years of experience working with PostgreSQL, MySQL or other relational databases and a minimum 5 years’ experience working with DHIS2
· Experience in managing large databases/enterprise systems with numerous users
· Experience with using Business Intelligence solutions, ie. Crystal reports, Power BI
· You can construct SQL queries and have experience in querying and injecting data (using json or xml) to databases via the API
· Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
· Excellent organizational and multitasking capabilities
What would get us excited?
• Experience working with M&E systems for a wide variety of public health programming, including HIV, family planning, malaria, or child survival programs
• Experience in capacity building or training, especially structured long-term capacity building activities.
How to apply
All applicants MUST have work authorization for Kenya.
• Status: 2-year contract with possibility of extension
• Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae no later than July 16th, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: DHIS2 Advisor
• Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. References will be required
• The service is expected to start in August 2021
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.