TERMS OF REFERENCE
(Request to input into the TOR for an upcoming Bid)
Child Protection Capacity Building – Education Technology Activation Project
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN AFFECTED BY ARMED CONFLICTS IN SUB SAHARAN AFRICA (2020-2023)
Globally, armed conflicts are estimated to have claimed the lives of millions of children as forced participants and/or victims, and many of these children are in Africa. Additionally, millions more are physically maimed, sexually abused and psychologically traumatized, while others are held hostage, abducted or trafficked. Conflict deprives children of parents, care-givers, basic social services, health care and education. Once the conflicts end, children have special short- and long-term post-conflict needs, such as for tracing of family members, redress and social reintegration, psycho-social rehabilitation programs, participation in disarmament, demobilization and reintegration programs, as well as participation within transitional justice frameworks.
For 100 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries and the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision, a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Purpose/Objectives of the education technology activation project
The purpose of the project is to enable the delivery of programs which are currently delivered face-to-face to be transformed into online or blended mode, with participants engaging in online and offline digital resources. Following this initial deployment it is intended that this will provide evidence of the validity of the approach to enable the PCIC Proramme to approach donors for future development and expansion of the program.
We are looking at:
- ### responding positively to the COVID-19 environment whereby face-to-face workshops and training are not possible
- ### increasing our capacity to deliver in a range of contexts, beyond what is possible with current face-to-face arrangements
- ### building capacity in Africa and beyond to deliver programs using online methods with options for digital program delivery in the absence of internet using offline synchronisation, thus expanding quality, reach, flexibility and efficiency going forward.
- ### an intensive and flexible approach, suitable for adult learners
- ### capitalising on the experience of participants, engaging them in a range of learning activities including lectures, role plays, discussions and case studies
- ### appropriate use of video and other multimedia resources (notwithstanding any copyright restrictions)
- ### delivering trainings led by a course leader and a number of facilitators in ‘real time’
- ### having the capability to deliver courses to participants at different levels of seniority, varying length, depth and technical demands accordingly
Specific Project Needs
- ### Consultative engagement for the development of an e-learning platform that meets our PSO eLearning needs while supporting the team to navigate the difficulties of supporting a unique and business critical system, such as a Learning Management System (LMS), on an ongoing basis.
- ### Development of an Learning Platform (ILP) built on the Moodle LMS
- ### A reliable, scalable and secure Moodle-based LMS that delivers 24/7 end-user access while significantly decreasing the amount of technical, financial and human resources
- ### A Platform can be used to share training resources and activities to replace or supplement face to face sessions.
- ### A platform that is accessible on mobile devices and content can be saved and viewed offline from almost all smart phones and devices.
- ### Inbuilt MEAL System/Approach for the trainings
- ### An agile and sustainable inbuilt capacity building model at all levels to manage the entire lifecycle of content creation and distribution, along with appropriate levels of access to view, edit, and approve new content.
Scope of the Assignment
The consultancy firm shall perform the following duties:
- ### Conceptualize the training platform jointly with the team to meet the e-learning needs
- ### Propose and design the platform
- ### Develop and test the platform
- ### Build capacity of the team
- ### Run a pilot course
- ### Provide post pilot support
Duration of the assignment:
A work plan for this assignment should be developed in relation to the scope suggested (i-iv) as per the tasks between 01 July, 2021 and 31 December, 2021.
- ### Inception Report (including proposed methodology; overall work plan on GANTT chart)
- ### E-Learning Platform Concept;
- ### Functional E-Learning Platform as per Needs
Preferred Profile of consultancy firm and key experts
The preferred firm should:
- ### Extensive experience in development of robust e-learning platforms
- ### Demonstrated Inhouse Capacity to take on all the needs of the assignment including audio-visual, graphics, animation and artwotk
- ### Extensive and advanced skills and experience in curriculum development.
- ### In-depth understanding of child rights and child protection issues in conflict situation.
Advanced knowledge of English. Knowledge of French language would be an asset.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy
How to apply:
- Applicants should submit a duly filled Expression of Interest for this assignment. Only applicants that have used the EOI will be considered.
Interested applicants are requested to send their applications to:
Deadline: 7th July 2021 via
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=em1ha29raGEuMjcyMzMuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29tPOSTULER