The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
As Finance Officer you are responsible for the financial-administrative implementation of Welthungerhilfe projects in North Kivu Province, Eastern Congo, in accordance with internal and donor guidelines. You will implement existing financial management standards in the programmes and projects efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work.
- Ensure that project funds are managed correctly according to the specifications of Welthungerhilfe and the co-financers
- Ensure that the documentation of data, account assignment and bookkeeping entries are carried out correctly in the bookkeeping software
- Ensure that costs are allocated internally within a project or between projects
- Prepare annual account documents in cooperation with the Head of Project and the Head of Finance in the Country Office
- Instruct, advise, and supervise local administrative staff and monitor contract standards
- Verify purchases and award contracts according to the valid regulations of Welthungerhilfe and co-financers
- Monitor and correctly process relief supplies and other equipment, particularly in terms of compliance with import regulations
- Prepare documentation on expenditures and budget control while ensuring their approval by the Head of Project
- Liquidity planning of projects and preparation of monthly financial statements and timely financial reports or reports on the use of funds in cooperation with the Head of Finance in the Country Office
- Instruct and support project partner organizations in matters relating to financial management so that they fulfil their contractual obligations towards Welthungerhilfe and co-financers
- A university or polytechnic degree or a completed commercial training in a relevant field like accounting and/or controlling
- At least 3 years of project-related professional experience in the administration of co-financed projects for an international (aid) organization
- Regional working experience in DRC or Central Africa would be an advantage
- KFW donor experience would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and intercultural skills
- Coordination and organizational skills, even under a high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English and French; German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
***Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by July 11, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Barbara Kuersten. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.