Catholic Relief Services a Development Organization is seeking qualified, experienced, and highly motivated Fleet Officer who will coordinate the movement of assigned Country Program’s (CP) owned and leased fleet and drivers to assist with meeting all travel and transportation needs in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. You will help ensure the safety and security of passengers and transported goods, support safeguarding of the organization’s motorized assets and all other resources related to fleet operations and minimize risks and liabilities. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
The position is based in YAOUNDE/Cameroon
· Communicate and collaborate with staff to schedule and coordinate vehicle movements, assess, and plan routes, and assign drivers to ensure optimal resource use and meet program needs per required schedules and standards.
· Ensure an approved vehicle policy is in place
· Coordinate purchase, sale/disposal of vehicles as necessary/required in collaboration with relevant staff
· Ensure up to date spare parts vendor list is maintained
· Coordinate with the Administrative Manager to maintain accurate and up-to-date inventory and reports on all CRS vehicles and keep up to date CRSCM vehicle replacement plan
· Apply all vehicle management operating procedures in compliance with agency travel and vehicle-related policies, local legal requirements, and donor regulations.
· Supervise and coach assigned drivers to ensure safe and secure driving and strict adherence to CRS vehicle policies.
· Monitor and report on the physical security of all motorized assets, spare parts, and fuel.
· Perform regular diagnostic checks of all motorized assets and act for timely and quality maintenance and repair.
· Ensure the review stocks of fuel, spare parts and equipment inventory and provide recommendations for acquisition and/or replacement.
· Coordinate in collaboration with driver’s registration, insurance and plates. Supervise and facilitate the maintenance of all records related to the fleet and fleet operations.
· Review required documentation for accuracy and completeness and file per established standards.
· Prepare reports at least quarterly on the state of vehicle fleet, fuel consumption and other vehicle expenses
· Develop and implement an effective system for recordkeeping for vehicles
· Oversee management of temporary drivers
· Maintain the Vehicle Management System for proper accountability. Review reports to assist decision-making for effective and efficient fleet management, as well as disposal and acquisition recommendations
· Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
· High School Diploma. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
· Minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in fleet/transportation role. . Experience with an NGO a plus.
· Experience in minor vehicle maintenance and repair.
· Excellent knowledge of road traffic regulations, road network and road safety best practices.
· Ability to perform minor mathematical calculations
· Proficient in MS Office package (Excel and Word).
· Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
· Strong demonstrated experience in the areas of Fleet Management.
· Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
· Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
· Extremely flexible and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
· Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Very good negotiation and relationship management skills
Required Travel: Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
Application files including: Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying “**Fleet Officer “**in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: July 8th, 2021 at 4 pm
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
This position is a local position and only open for National Cameroonians in country.
Females’ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that this organization requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the agency Safeguarding Policy.